Well, it's been a busy week or two that's for sure and first up is the big news about Isy! As I mentioned before, she had in interview for a Business Analyst contract with a consultancy in the city and....big drum roll... she got the job!! Yey!! It's working three days a week so not too much impact on Dylan (an extra day at nursery) and is based at one of the main Aussie banks helping them implement (wait for this project title...) Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Legislation. So don't mess with her. It seems that the team are all pretty nice folk too so all in all, she's one happy camper right now.
Out and about we've done a few things. Last weekend we went to the Manly Aquarium which was great! They have one of those underwater tubes you can walk through with sharks, manta rays etc. swimming right over your head! One fish with a long snout swam past to cries of "Noooooossse!!" from Dylan which kept us laughing for a while :-)
Today we drove across North Sydney to Terry Hills and had a look at a driving range we'd heard about. It looked very good and I will probably have a bit of a session there one evening next week with cousin Dave. We also had a quick peek into a small, modern Buddhist Temple which was very nice. Lots of fat laughing buddha's and gold stuff :-) Then it was on to Mona Vale to meet with an old collegue of Isy's, Gill and her fella Ross who have recently arrived in Sydney.
One slightly "small world" moment also happened at work the other day when I found out that one of the guys I work with used to be a barman at the Bear and Staff pub on Charing Cross road - A favourite watering hole of Ken and I a few years back. Aussie barmen in London. Who'd have thunk it?!
Dylan's phrases of the week are "cup o' tea" which I particularly like and "Again!" which accompanies everything he particularly likes.
Sunday, August 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment