Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Summer is a comin' in...

I guess the weather is a bit bizarre all over the place these days (They announced snow AND bushfires here last week...) but finally after a few cold snaps and some rain, we're getting those balmy evenings here in Oz, and as luck would have it, The Ashes starts on Thursday! How's that for a summer feeling?!! Nice...

Yep, Freddie and the boys have landed and after a slightly wobbly start the oldest cricket rivalry will soon be under way and I for one will start that long, slow, slide into enjoying one of the more sedate spectator sports. In what other sport can you say "Just popping out to watch the match love!" and come home five days later? All I need to do is figure out how I'm going to get Aggers and the team on Test Match Special over the Internet here in Oz...

As you've probably noticed, it's nearly Christmas. We're having to be a bit more organised this year as the postal situation has changed a little. It definitely doesn't feel right, shorts and sunglasses on, trudging round shops that are all decked out in tinsel with pictures of frosted windows and robins all over the place. Weird or what. I'll have to admit that I'm already missing the idea of Christmas dinner and watching the Bond movie in the afternoon but I'm sure we'll have a blast over at cousin Dave's.

Young Mr.D has continued to keep us busy from dusk 'till dawn. He's well into his swimming lessons now and is loving every minute of it and day-care seems to keep him entertained with lots of new things to try. Actually, that said, the poor guy has another ear infection today and was feeling a bit feverish at 4am, and 5am and 6am this morning. (Apparently four ear infections by their second birthday is about average. Phew) He is now starting to entertain us quite a bit and can do a "two year old's rendition" of Baa Baa Black Sheep, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Now I Know My ABC among other favourites. He's good on names too and insists that Grandpa's name is Grand Peter. Sounds more like a Womble to me...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Agger's commentates on ABC local radio (Grandstand). You'll be able to get it on the radio (AM 702) or online at www.abc.net.au/cricket