Thursday, December 07, 2006

Cheeky Kids and Web 2.0

Cricket. Ouch.

On a more brighter note, it's been an interesting couple of weeks since cidinoz last checked in. We've been busy preparing the little guy's second birthday bash which is going to be held this coming weekend. We've been trying to explain to him that it's going to be HIS birthday party this time and he just says "Cake!?". Marvellous...

He's a very happy camper at the moment and we've managed to get a couple of pearls onto video but my favourite this week was when my mobile rang at work, I answered without knowing who was on the other end and he yelled "Lazy Bones Jones!" down the line. I mean what the hell??? The guy isn't two yet and he's giving me all kinds of grief :-) Actually, I lie, the BEST moment was this evening. We've just got our Christmas tree in and tonight we were decorating it - Mr.D was having a great time and getting very excited about it all when he came up to me all meek, snuggled up and for the first time said "Love you daddy". It gives me goose-bumps now just thinking about it. What a top little kid.

Mind you, it's not all been plain sailing this week. The blo*dy digital camera has packed up!!! How's that for timing?!! Kids birthday and Christmas round the corner. Sheeesh. I've managed to borrow one for this weekend but we'll need to sort something more permanent out sharpish. Canon has got it at the moment and there's a good chance we'll be covered by warranty. Here's hoping.

Last night, Gary, Marcus and myself (lads from work) went of to "STIRR Sydney" which was a very good gig. All Web 2.0 entrepreneurs pitching their stuff (.com's with a real plan this time...allegedly) meeting for beers and mingling etc. (If any of you Uni folk are out there... how exactly DID we manage to drink what we did??? Bit of a sore head this morning on what would once have amounted to a warm up). STIRR was pretty fast and furious and quite amazing to see how some of these internet start-ups get going. The raw creativity in the place was great to see and you get the feeling some of these guys really could sell ice to the eskimos (over the net of course). Now all I need is a half baked idea... hmmmm....

So that's about it for now. I'm off out on Saturday to watch some basketball apparently. The Sydney Kings playing, er, some other team. Big fan me obviously...I vaguely remember a rule about travelling or something...

No comments: