Monday, July 17, 2006

Spring in July?

So how stuffed was I on Sunday morning after the game? Very, in case you were wondering. I'm going to say it once then it's done with.... Why the h*** can't England kick the ball from a spot on the ground into a huge net from a few yards away? What? Why? It's one of those never-to-be-solved mysteries right up there with the Bermuda Triangle and the Yeti. Give me strength. Still, it's all over now eh? Poor old Zizou...

So what's been going on in the real world now the World Cup has finished? I have no idea, I've been halucinating from sleep deprivation. Young Dylan is having plenty of fun and has recently been painting at daycare, dancing to his CDs and getting lots of cool toys every week from the toy library. He continues to astound us and others with his linguistic skills (favourties this week are "possum and teapot") and he can do a pretty mean half-volley with a footy. Actually, the poor little guy has had a bad cold the last few days and he had to sleep in until 10:00am on my early morning shift. Shame that.

Still, colds aside, I think it's warming up slightly as it seems to have nearly cracked 20C a couple of time recently. The trees are doing their best to wake up and there are definately bulbs etc. starting to grow. All very strange for this particular Englishman... I keep seeing things on the net like: "Sunset in London: 9:31pm" then looking outside at the crispness of it all :-) Our turn will come!

And it's not just the flora. Fauna is out too! We saw a possum! Yey! He was shimmy'ing along the telephone cables in the street as I came home from work on night. He was a cool little guy with BIG eyes! Isy gave him a name, which eludes me at the moment, but hopefully we'll see him (and his mates) again soon.

This weekend has seen us acquire some more creature comforts! We were genuinely excited about having our bedside tables finally arrive and we've invested in a decent set of pots, pans and crockery. Exciting eh. I had a big fast sports bike once you know. Sheesh...

This entry has taken a few days to get round to and the big news today is that Ms. Smarty-Pants dos Santos has an interview on Wednesday!! Fingers crossed all goes well...

See ya later.

p.s. If you use the customised google as your home page, you can add our blog to it!

1) Click "Add Content" in the top left
2) Click "Add by Url" on the right next to the Search button
3) Enter
http://cidinoz.blogspot.com, click Add and then Close
4) Click "Back to homepage" in the top left
5) You should see "Chris, Isy and Dylan in Oz" as a new section!! Wey hey!!

Also, adding the link or http://cidinoz.blogspot.com/atom.xml should work in most RSS readers...

No comments: