Thursday, April 06, 2006

Monkeys at the zoo

As requested by some of our most fervent readers, here are some pics of young Dylan up to his usual antics.

Last weekend was spent the afternoon at Sydney's Taronga zoo and had loads of fun. Mr.D was sent into a flat spin at seeing so many funny looking animals which, up until then, he thought only existed in his bedtime story book. His reaction to seeing monkeys for the first time was a sort of laugh-choke-splutter-o-my-god-what-are-they kind of explosive reaction!!!


Much time was spent being his now ever-so-independent self walking about in the park and pic-nic areas making lots of friends and attracting more than one or two of the local papparazzi. A group of japanese girls were particularly taken with him... although I'm afraid the feeling wasn't mutual. Such a showbiz luvvie....




I think that Isy and I have come to realise that when you're only 16 months old, running up and down on a bit of grass is definately a favourite activity. Things like where the path meets the grass can keep a little guy fascinated for, oh, minutes! And never forget that no matter how much stuff is going on around you, there's nearly always an aeroplane going overhead. Not that you have to look at it however, just pointing it to everyone out is fine...


Phew!! All that running around can make a you pretty thirsty I can tell ya....



Not to mention a bit sleepy.....




...one monkey...two monkeys...three monkeys....zzz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there you three,

I'm loving these updates and check at least once a week for some more news and adventures ! The pictures are gorgeous. Please give Dylan a big kiss from us. All is good back here, Princess V has two teeth now and is as cute as ever. Sending you much love and looking forward to the next adventure. Keep the stories and pictures coming..... Love A, T and Princess V.

Helen Leggatt said...

I see you are starting get into your new life down under. Is the "West Island" all you thought it would be?