Sunday, March 05, 2006

O Carro

It's been a busy old week I'll tell ya. After some last minute wheelin' and a dealin' on the car front, we finally became the proud owners of a Ford Laser sedan. (I told you cars weren't inspiring). Actually, we're quite pleased with it. It's an automatic so drives easily around Sydney's urban freeways has lots of electric bits and pieces and even a double cup holder! (I think the cup holder will prove it's worth in no time at all...) It's also big enough for getting Dylan in and out and I've been reliably informed that we should be able to get two sets of golf clubs in the boot :-) Dylan has also become the proud owner of a spanking new car seat and can finally see out of the windows shouting 'O Carro!' almost constantly...

As I mentioned earlier, I'm now a proud member of the gainfully employed again. The first few days have gone well and the guys and girls in the office are a good laugh. There's plenty of work to be done and it's all very much hands on (C# web development for those interested...) - ideal as I'm a bit rusty after 3 months of R'n'R.

We also managed (as usual) to find some time for having fun and generally messing about. Dylan had a fantastic time splashing in David & Tina's pool on and the weekend and we all went for a wander around the harbour, Opera House and botanical gardens on Monday just to remind ourselves that we really are here... We were also treated to seeing the Oriana cruise liner docked at Circular Quay which was spectacular to say the least. (You know a ship is big when it starts to make the Harbour Bridge look small!) It was a bit of a scorcher that day and I did that very English of all things and got my first (minor) dose of sunburn. "Slip Slap Slop" kids and don't you forget it!!

Still on the hunt for a more permanent roof over our heads. The rental market in Sydney is reasonably competitive at the moment as property prices have been a bit flat over the past year or so. All the would-be first time buyers seem to be biding their time which basically means, we're gonna have to be quick when we spot a decent gaff!! :-)

Ah well, I'm just waiting for the little guy to wake up from his nap then we're going on a 'expotition' and a look around.

Later.

No comments: