Saturday, February 18, 2006

Sydneysiders!!

Phew.

21000km (12900 miles), a lot of money, too much hard work, some laughter and some tears later, and we've finally arrived in Sydney. No more plane rides for a bit, that much I can tell ya.

Famous for it's sun soaked beaches and gorgeous people with tanned bodies and pearly white teeth, we turned up with our pearly white bodies, tanned teeth and in a near thunderstorm. Marvelous. Collected from the airport by our good friend Mike, we drove up to our new (temporary) home at Dee Why and dumped the suit cases for the last time. Cracked a beer, flopped in a chair on the veranda and thought... "Now what the hell are we going to do?"

Since then we've been busy "achieving". Mobile phone sorted. Bank account sorted. We've got our eyes on a few cars and are starting to figure out where's a nice place to live... However, today is Saturday so it's time to play. Been for breakfast this morning at Curly's cafe followed by a nice walk around Curl Curl and this afternoon it's a BBQ at cousin Dave's where, I've been faithfully informed, we will "Play it by beer."

I'm sure we will.

(p.s. I've added a few more pics to earlier posts)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome down under :) Hope you find your feet quickly.

I dont appear to have you on MSN for some reason, can you drop me a line.

Warren
(MSN - warrenleggatt@hotmail.com)