It seems blogging in Africa is a full contact sport. A second PC as succumbed to the awesome power of African storms and I'm starting to wonder if I should wear rubber boots when typing. Back to the net cafes it is...
Well, we're now averaging something like 4.5 braii's a week (BBQs) and I'm starting to pine for a egg mayo sandwich rather than flame grilled red meat. Curiously however I'm still Ok with the level of beer consumption. The last one was watching England show Wales how to play rugby which was most enjoyable. (Ronan, fancy another tenner this year on Ireland?)
Having said that, we have managed to venture out a bit more and "do" things this week. First up was our introduction to the wonderful sport of golf at a local 9 hole course. I managed to get round in 46 and one lost ball. Or to put it another way, 18 over. Look out Tiger, I'm coming for ya fella.
On Tuesday, Mr.D was introduced to some of Africa's finest at the local Lion and Rhino park. The males were out and about strutting their stuff and coming very close to the car. I think the little guy was impressed but on first sight of his first lion ever he let out a sort of "huh" and continued to play with the gear stick. Dylan's latest party trick goes something like: Me: "Dylan what do lions say?"
Dylan: "Grrrrr"
Awesome.
Tomorrow we're heading up to Pretoria for the day for a bit of a look the on Friday it's Sun City and a play in the "Valley of the Waves" amongst other things. Then on Saturday it's lunch with the family and then the short hop (!) to Perth where we will finally stamp the visas and in the Lucky Country and begin our adventure in Oz. Ulp.
Later.

2 comments:
Hey you guys!!
I'm so happy things are going well for you. Dead jealous you'll be Perth now.
Enjoyed reading the story so far. Take care and look forward to hearing about your new start in OZ.
Cheers and take care,
Lozza xx
Hi Guys,
Great to hear it's all going well miss you lots. Still haven't started working but mostly because there seems to be alot to choose from all of a sudden. Going to Loftus tonight to watch the Huricanes evaporate. Still enjoying the time catching up with family and friends but in the back of my mind I know that it's all coming to an end soon and prinsloo will have to do that trading thing again and the other one will have to start the psycho mambo jambo. But enjoy it while it lasts and keep an eye on that accent thing we spoke about.
Love Liza and Nico
Post a Comment