Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Happy New Year!!

So it's 2007 then. Zip another one gone. I have to say, our Christmas was somewhat different this year. Being away from the family was a bit tough and I just couldn't get my head around it being 25C and blue skies (My brain was screaming "Juuullllyyy!!!"). Having said that, we had a great Christmas day, starting with Dylan going mental unwrapping presents and finishing slightly sozzled (us, not him) in the evening at my cousin's place after a bit-of-a-do. We managed to do a web cam linkup with my folks back in the UK for a good half hour or so which was great. Wifi and a laptop at our end meant I could "show them round the house" and follow Mr.D running around all over the place. Great technology! On boxing day we headed off to Mona Vale beach and basically just hung out making sandcastles and got some fresh air (i.e. detoxed).

I've also been practising my golf up at the driving range a few times thanks to Isy getting me some lessons for Christmas! The instructor was excellent and I managed three straight shots onto the green!! Of course, as soon as he left I was slicing them like mad again but still, I know what a half decent shot feels like now :-)

And so now after a quieter New Year, it's back to the old routine. Dylan has returned to daycare a few days a week, I'm busy as always at work and Isy is again looking for a contract to keep her sane. Actually, Dylan is now in the "big kids room" at daycare which he seems to be settling into OK. He's still a chatterbox and this week's classic was listening to him talk a little Chinese women crazy on a half hour bus ride into the city.

The weather is also pretty fantastic now and we spend a fair amount of time either playing in the parks or swimming in the outdoor pool down the road. Dylan is now an expert at "Ready, Set, Spladoosh!!" and often shouts "No big dunk!" before jumping in... Would I!?!? ;-)

On the weekend we decided to head down to Circular Quay for a harbour cruise and a walk around the Opera House and Botanical Gardens which was nice. If Sydney has one thing, it's an amazing waterfront and just sitting back watching the world go by was pretty cool. Some of those houses!!!....

So that's about it I guess.

All the best to everyone for 2007!! Let's see what this one brings eh?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, My first time to your blog... Dylan is such a cutie and its funny reading your words as I can hear you speak them :-) after all these years. Am happy to report my plans for my trip (and potential move) to Sydney are moving along and I am looking forward to catching up live. Talk soon, Connie